Friday, February 5, 2010

I received great news today

I received some really good news today. I am getting transferred to Community Based Warrior Transition Unit (CB WTU). It looks like I have a report date of 28 February 2010. I will be going to Little Rock, Arkansas to in-process the unit and then going home to my dearly missed house in Dallas. I am looking forward to the trip.

To the best of my understanding of how it works, and I want to preface this with, "I am not 100% sure of this." But, here is how I understand the process to be:
1 I sign in to the Unit in Little Rock Arkansas.
2 I in-process all of the different Departments. (medical section, S-1 through S-4, ...)
3 I go home to Dallas and wait for all the appointments to be set up.
4 On non-appointment days, I report to the Armory near my house to do work (regular duty days)
5 on days of appointment, those are my duties for that day.

And this is supposed to happen until I am medically cleared and am ready to return to regular duty. At that point, I will have to decide if I am going to retire or stay in the Guard for another tour. This is where it gets difficult. 3 months ago, I was hell bent on getting out. I have done some thinking and I kind of like the military comradeship. I like the adventures that come with it. I like the people, for the most part. Even the ones that I do not agree with, are good people, just have different opinions or methods of getting things done.

I will admit, though, that I am leaning towards retirement, but, only because I do not want it to interfere if my business. I have had to shut down my business 3 times now for deployments and it takes around 4-6 months to get back up to speed and make a living. From what I have gathered, that is going to be a bit longer this time due to the economy.

Anyway, I am happy to finally get out of here. This is a really nice place and would be a great place to live if the sun would shine a little more. I have been here since 20 November 2009 and I have seen less sunshine since then, than any 7 day period in Texas. Here, we measure sunshine in Hours per month not weeks per month. It is just so depressing. But, when the sun finally does come out, it is absolutely incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment