Friday, February 26, 2010

The day has finally come

It is a mere few hours till I leave for the airport. I can hardly believe that this day has finally come. If all goes well, I should be in Texas in less than a week. I have already made contact with the gaining unit and all the paper work is in place. The process is going more smoothly than I ever could have imagined. It is just so hard to comprehend that I am just days away from sleeping in my own bed, driving my own car and seeing my family. This is a great day for me. I am not sure how, exactly, the process will work for all of the surgeries and the recovery process, but, from what I have gathered I am going to be getting E-mails sent to me telling me where to go and who to see for all the pre-surgery stuff. And when I am not scheduled to be at one of those appointments, I am supposed to report to one of the armories to do filing and other tasks that need doing. I was also informed that I am going to assist the recruiter with his duties on the days that I am available. Sounds like I am going to be kept busy, so that is a good thing. These last few months I have not done much except sit around and gain a ton of weight. That 39 pounds I lost during my deployment is now almost all back. I got down to 168 in country and since returning stateside I have regained 24 of those pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment