Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sorry I have not written in a long time

I am home and have been for a while now. Well, actually not home, just stateside. It seems that I have messed up my knee and my right shoulder in the fall I took while evacuating our hide site back in April, after it was compromised. I have been just dealing with the pain and figured it would heal on its own. I was wrong. It looks like I have shredded my cartilage and have a torn meniscus in my right knee and have torn my rotator cuff and partially torn some tendons in my right shoulder. I did not even mention to the doctors anything about my back. I refuse to let the military touch my back in any way. Well any way. I am currently at Fort Lewis, Washington. It is located just south of Tacoma. I am hoping to be able to transfer to Texas for surgery. If all goes well, I will be leaving here in early February and going to Texas. It is all up in the air right now. If I have to stay here at Fort Lewis to have my surgeries and all my physical therapies, I will have to take leave and go home to get my vehicles. I do not think I can go without a vehicle for 7 months without going crazy.

Most of the Battalion left here in time to make it home for Thank Giving. There were a few of us that were held up by medical conditions. I think that there are only 2 or 3 of us left that have not been sent home yet. I think that I might be the only one from our battalion left here in a few days.

On a sadder note, we lost a great NCO this month. SGT Travi died in a car accident on the 5th of January. He is going to be greatly missed. I have not heard the details as to what happened. I was just informed that he has passed away from injuries he sustained in an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment